2023 Mini All Ireland Leagues - a week to remember
Neil and myself would like to thank everyone who has made this years All Ireland Mini Leagues even more special. We had an increase of over 200 players from last years numbers. We were blessed with the weather and the children all enjoyed meeting friends, making new friends and playing this great sport.
There are so many people to thank, it is impossible to do so individually, but we feel that we have to mention a few. Our grouds committee and especially Mick Lynch for having the pitches in superb order. Our amazing U15’s who gave up their time to management and referee the U5’s and U6’s.
Each mentor, parent and volunteer who rushed home from work in order to work the shop, BBQ’s, to manage a team, and to tidy up. Your sense of community spirit is immense.
Our amazing referee’s who were very fair and gave clear instructions to the players. They are a credit to the club and their parents.
Our team of first Aiders, who dealt with any injuries that occurred.
- O’Neill and Brennan who sponsored the wonderful T- shirts again this year.
- Seamus Harrington Construction Limited who sponsored the footballs and Sliothars. (They’ll be distributed to each participant soon, the considerable order took longer to manufacture).
- Grant Thornton for the Drawstring bags.
- Mixtape marketing for the Gazebos and transport.
- John Boyle at Musgrave Fonthill Road for a donation of burgers and fruit.
- Tony Lannigan for the amazing P.A system (It always sends a shiver down our spine watching the kids run onto the Senior Pitch to the Sunday game music).
- Aaron McGoldrick for the Candy Floss, which the kids devoured.
Most importantly, you the parents for bringing your son/daughter to the mini leagues at Castleknock GAA and positively suporting the kids from the sidelines.
Till our hurling mini leagues at Easter,
Yours in sport,
Neil and Mark.
‘Knock Knock… Who’s there’ Podcast – All Ireland Mini Leagues
Club PRO Darren Martin speaks the organisers, some of the many volunteers, coaches and players who took part in the All Ireland Mini Leagues, held during the week in Somerton with the final games played on Saturday 12th Aug.
Click here to listen