All Ireland Mini Leagues 2023 - Aug 7th-12th
This year’s Castleknock Hurling & Football Club All Ireland Mini Leagues Blitz starts on Monday evening 7th of August, with the finals taking place on Saturday the 12th in Somerton.
Details as follows:
Dates: Starts Mon 7th Aug and each evening – Tues, Wed & Thurs – finals for all teams on Sat 12th
Evening games start: 6:30pam (sharp) – please arrive 15 mins prior to throw-in
Email: Neil Devlin on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Watters email@example.com
Managers – Collect Jerseys at Gazebo beside All Weather on Monday 7th
Players – Please arrive at your pitch 15 mins before each match – You will receive your team shirt from your manager at the pitch!
- Respect the ref, the players, match officials – please remember that the refs are children
- No scores for U12s and below
- 40 min games. Start / end on hooter (20 mins each way)
- 1 hop, 1 solo only – as teams are of mixed ability
- No coaching from sidelines
- Gum shield required
- Equal game time for all regardless of ability – contact Neil or Mark with any concerns
- Teams and schedules will be available on the website www.castleknock.net from Saturday 4th August
- Each evening there will be a shop as well as a BBQ!
- Each team will have at least 1 game per evening from 6.30pm Monday to Thursday.
- The finals will be on Saturday from 9am to 3.30pm starting from youngest to oldest.
- A goody bag will be given to all players on Saturday and every player plays on finals day
Notes for Managers
- As teams are of mixed ability and ages, we are playing with the condition of one hop and one solo – then the player needs to pass or shoot
- The main role of the manager is to get the players into position and for the match to start on time – no major tactics needed
- The first day you need to collect the jerseys at the Gazebo beside the All Weather, and then give them to the players before the 1st match – the player keeps the jersey
- We encourage light touch management – let the kids make decisions themselves, and encourage them with positive messaging
- Matches are 20 mins each way, so half time is only 2 mins to make sure that the next game starts on time
- Remember that the refs are kids, and some are in training so please support them and back them up (even if you feel like their decision was incorrect!)
- Player Numbers – as many kids on the field as possible – if both teams have 8 players, it is 8
- Equal game time – if you are running a sub, divide the time and ask a parent to assist you with a stopwatch, so that each kid gets the same time, regardless of ability
- Lastly, have fun, and thank you for helping
BBQ & Tuck Shop
Each evening (6-9pm) and all day Saturday