Ultimate Skills Camp
Castleknock GAA Club GPO Conor Ryan, is currently planning an “Ultimate Skills Camp” – this is the Club’s first Advanced Dual Code Skills Camp for 12-17 year olds.
The focus on the camp is to host high quality football, hurling & camogie workshops for our older age groups players who are past attending normal camps and who are looking to learn from top coaches from all around the country, along with intercounty male & female players, including some of our own club stars.
- Date: Wed 16th to Fri 18th Aug
- Time: 12:30 to 16:00
- Location: Somerton
- 💶 Price: €80
- Contact: Conor Ryan – 0876179704
- 📧 Email Conor – email@example.com
- Paul Kilgannon (CARVER Coaching and Performance (carvercoachingframework.com)
- Phillip Kerr (Master Gaa Tutor)
- Peter Casey (Clare Hurling Games Development Administrator)
- Kevin Kelly (Ulster Hurling Manager)
- Martin Fogarty (former National Hurling Development Manager)
- Conleith Gilligan (former Derry & Kilcoo)
- Kieran McGeary (Tyrone & Footballer of the year 2021)
- Ethan Rafferty & Ciaran McKeever (Armagh Gaa)
- Niall Morgan (Tyrone Gaa Goalkeeper)
- Shane McCormack (Armagh Senior Ladies Manager)
- Lauren Magee (Dublin LGFA)
- Hannah Tyrell (Dublin LGFA)
- Abby Shiels (Dublin LGFA Goalkeeper)
- Ryan Taylor (Clare Senior Hurlers)
- Paddy Doyle (Dublin Senior Hurlers)
- Niall Cooper (Na Fianna & Dublin GAA)
- Stevie Poacher ( Mayobridge Gaa & former intercounty coach)
- Ken Keoghan (Lucan Sarsfields & Meath LGFA)
- Joe McBrearty (Donegal Gaa & DCU)
- Thomas Gleeson & Laura Carolan (Dublin GAA)
- Ellen Baker, Aislng O’Neill & Aoife Whelan (Dublin Camogie)
We will have 4 groups participating – broken into the following categories:
- 2010/2011 Girls
- 2007/08/09 Girls
- 2010/2011 Boys
- 2007/08/09 Boys
Each group will receive 4 x 45 minute workshops per day.
This is a dual code camp – some days it may be 2 x hurling/camogie, 2 x football sessions, other days it will vary slightly.
Paul Kilgannon (Carver Coaching) will also take each group on Friday for a workshop entitled “Athlete Journalling” in the clubhouse to look at the mental side of sport.
There will be a 15 minute break after Workshop 1, a 20-30 minute break after workshop 2 each day, so please ensure the players bring snacks and plenty of water/fluids.
Further to the above training sessions, I am delighted to inform you that at 4.30pm Wednesday & Thursday, the players are invited to 2 presentations upstairs in the club:
Wednesday: Adam Kinsella Somerton Physio – S&C and Running Specialist
Thursday: Emma Brennan Sports amd Performance Nutritionist with IRFU
Each talk will last roughly 45 minutes and will be hugely beneficial to all players.